I am SO HAPPY that New Beginnings 2011 is OVER! And that it ended up going SO well! I'm sure most of you know I am the YW president in my ward and I feel like New Beginnings is a time for me to prove my worthiness or to just prove myself in general to be in that calling. It is a time of high stress for me and almost everything that could possibly go wrong beforehand went wrong! Luckily after many prayers it all worked itself out and ended up being practically perfect in every way! I forgot my camera (which was the least of my worries, but one more thing to add to the "why me!?" list) so you will have to wait to see any pictures of the amazing decor (conjured up mostly by my secretary) and my even more amazing Young Women.
The youth theme for this year is the 13th Article of Faith. All throughout it mentions good things we should be striving to become and at the end it says "we seek after these things". So tonight we were pirates seeking for "treasures"- all of the good things listed in the 13th A of F as well as the 8 YW values (if you didn't know, they added "virtue" back in 2007). We boarded the "disciple-ship" and learned about using our "map" (scriptures), "crew" (good friends, YW leaders, parents, & bishop, etc.) and our "spy glass" (holy ghost & personal revelation) to become good treasure-seeking pirates. We learned that we can't just sit around, we need to actively be seeking for good always & that personal progress can help us do that. Anyway, the girls were great (as always) and it was such a fun night! So, I am happy it went well and happy it is OVER!
Wednesday, February 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

+208_edited-1.jpg)
1 comment:
What an AWESOME idea for new beginnings! You are one creative girl, Melissa! I am so impressed! I can't wait to see the pictures :) They sure picked the gal woman for a Young Womens preseident!!!
Post a Comment