Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Happy Day! #16

A package came in the mail today. A package that didn't have any postage came in the mail today. A package I was supposed to receive two weeks ago came in the mail today. A miracle package that I thought was lost forever came in the mail today! And I am SO BEYOND HAPPY! When we were in Utah in December we got birthday pictures of Kate & girly cousin pictures of Kate & Emi taken. We came home before JCPenney had them ready for us to pick up so my dad picked them up for us (about a month later!). My mom finally remembered to send them to us. She put them in an envelope and asked my dad to drop them off at the post office on his way to work. He thought it was a pre-paid envelope so he just stuck it in the slot and went on his merry way. I called my mom a week later wondering where my package was. We figured out the fiasco and my dad talked to the people at the post office. They told him one of three things could happen: A: the package gets sent to the return address since there is no postage. B: the package gets sent to me and I have to pay the postage. or C: it is lost in the mail forever. They said that we should stop checking our mailbox after two weeks. Two weeks was yesterday. I was mortified when we didn't get any mail yesterday! But today? TODAY I JUMPED FOR JOY!!! (really, I did! And I'm sure the lady walking across the street from our house thought I was a nut!:)) Here is what I found in my mailbox:

Kate doesn't look the best in this picture (she refused to smile!) but Emi looks SO CUTE!!! Oh, and ignore all the brown stuff on the edges of these, it's a picture of a picture so my chair made it in a few (okay, all but one :)) of the pictures, sorry! :)

We thought this was so fun! It's right after she really started walking all the time!


She was being so funny and didn't want to hold the "O" or leave it laying down! She wanted it on her foot! Silly girl! I think she looks so cute in this one so I took a picture zoomed in, too... see picture below :)


Oh man I have a cute little girl! Not that I'm biased or anything! :)

I love this one! So sweet!

I am SO SO HAPPY these arrived and aren't lost in the mail forever!

3 comments:

bobandhaley said...

That is a happy day! Cute cute pictures!

Andrea said...

Thank goodness these pictures weren't lost forever!!! They are the cutest pictures ever! You do have a cute girl and a cute niece!!!

Megan said...

So cute!!! We can't wait to see her!

I had a Valentine's card from my mom that got delivered to me without postage a few weeks ago. No wonder the post office keeps losing money!