Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Saying “See Ya Later”

For those of you who aren’t aware, Tim left for COT (Commissioned Officer Training) on Sunday, January 6, 2013. He’ll be at COT for 5 weeks. He’ll have a graduation at the end of the 5 weeks. Kate & I get to go to the graduation & we are counting the days! He will start his 9 week JAG School the following Monday (February 11). Knowing we won’t get to see our daddy/husband on a permanent basis for 14 weeks made for two very sad girls & one very sad daddy & husband on Sunday. Kate & I have yucky colds on top of it which is nice because we have something else to drown our sorrows in but not so good because well, who likes to be sick? & since we can’t do much but lay on the couch it’s easy to let your mind dwell on missing Tim. The first few days are always the hardest, so hopefully we’ll cheer up soon! Kate has asked “Where’s Daddy?” a few times and I have to keep reminding her that he went on the plane to do his training. We are staying at my parent’s house & it was a good distraction as we were leaving the airport to tell Kate that we got to stay at Grandma Nettie & Pa Pa Dave’s house!

Tim made it to Maxwell AFB safe (it’s in Montgomery, AL) & even made a few friends on the way that are doing the same training he is, so that was good to hear.

Saying goodbye 2 organic bw no edgeSaying goodbye 2Saying goodbye marigoldSaying goodbye pink honey bw

5 comments:

The Wood Family said...

Oh no Melissa! That is so hard, but at least it's the start to your new adventure :) It was so hard when Will worked in Moab for 5 months. We got to see him on the weekends, but he still missed a lot of stuff. It does get easier and it makes the time you spend together so much better!

Mandy said...

Those pictures break my heart. Ever since getting the text that you had to decide in 24 hours I have had to fight the tears. You'll be so blessed for doing what Heavenly Father wants you to do. We're praying for you!!

Michelle Kay said...

Such precious pictures, Mliss. Love you so much. Excited for your adventure! :)

bobandhaley said...

Mellisa, I know what you are going through. Bob left for 3 months on Monday morning. I am really struggling. I hope you can keep busy, it helps the time pass faster. My mother in law gets here tomorrow and I couldn't be more grateful for her coming. I will remember you in my prayers.

Natalie said...

Those pictures brought tears to my eyes! Hope you're hanging in there. Remember we're here to play when you get back to Cache Valley and need something to distract you!