Looking at these pictures makes me SO homesick! I MISS this house SO MUCH! It was a cute little house and it was ours (well, we were renting, but you know what I mean). It’s the house we brought Kate home to and we made so many good memories there!
Here is a tour of our home for those of you who haven’t seen it and want to :)
Tim and my dad planted tulip bulbs in front of the bushes but they had already bloomed and died by the time we left :(
This is what you see when you walk in the front door.The door just to the right of the stairs goes into the dining room. The door next to that is Tim and my room. Straight across from our room is Kate’s room and between the two is a bathroom.
The door to the right of the front door is the living room. The room on the left of this picture is Kate’s room. Just out of the picture to the right is an “under the stairs closet”.
Heading up the stairs. Our landlord turned the attic into a room, a bathroom, lots of storage space and a walk-in closet
We had already packed the upstairs when I took these pictures. We had a futon, a computer & desk, an old TV, bookshelves and my craft supplies,etc. up here. The tiny door to the right is a crawl space with lots of storage room. To the right of it (not in the picture) is the door to the bathroom.
We didn’t have a linin closet so the storage container to the right of the shower was our closet :)
Straight across from the bathroom was the walk-in closet.(this picture was taken before the other upstairs pix because there are boxes and other items in the picture) When I was teaching I would get ready upstairs (not only was in more convenient with my clothes right by the bathroom but when you see the downstairs bathroom, you’ll know why!)
A clearer view of the door to the walk-in closet. Inside the closet on either side was tiny doors that lead to crawl spaces for storage as well.
Here’s the living room. The open door you see in the back on the left is the door that’s next to the front door at the bottom of the stairs. We LOVED the built-in bookshelves! I hope to have those in my dream house someday! :)
There is another built-in bookshelf in the opposite corner. Through the doorway on the right you can see the dining room. There are three doors in the dining room—one to the living room, one to the kitchen, and one to the hallway (that you saw in the picture of the stairs)
The landlord enclosed the back porch and made it into a laundry room. It was just off the kitchen (through that door behind the fridge in the picture on the right)
Here’s more of the kitchen.
Here’s the dining room.
The door on the left is the kitchen. I was taking the picture from the doorway that is pictured below.
From this doorway you can see Kate’s room and the bathroom. Our room is around the corner (across from Kate’s room)
Here’s our room
We had the worlds smallest closet so we were glad there was a walk-in closed upstairs!
I took this picture from our doorway. Kate’s room is straight ahead and the bathroom is to the left.
Here’s the tiny bathroom! The tub (not pictured—obviously) is across from the sink. When we opened the bathroom door it would barely miss the sink! And the only storage space was in the mirror on the wall (which pretty much fit toothpaste and deodorant :))
Here’s Kate’s room! (Tim painted the green trim…actually he painted the entire downstairs before we moved in & added the green just before Kate was born)
In front of Kate was a wardrobe (sort of like on Beauty & the Beast but it was oak colored instead of white :)) A few years before we rented the house, the landlord would rent the house out by room & you had to have a closet in each room to be able to do that so she got a wardrobe :)
Kate really was & is “Our little dream come true!” Mand helped me make that with her Cricut. Lindy and Mand helped me make the curtains when they came to VA after Kate was born.
Tim and I painted and put up the quilt rack (we got the flowers & swirls from The Wood Connection) holding the quilt that my mom, Mand & Lind made for Kate when she was born! I LOVE it! We make one for all of the grandkids/nieces & nephews. Here’s some close-ups.
*Sigh* I loved Kate’s room :(
Speaking of things I loved about that house, I LOVED the door knobs! Aren’t they so cool and antique-looking!?
I cried when we did our final walk through before we had to head to the airport :( I’m definitely the sentimental type :) I miss that cute little house at 309 South Boundary Street so much!

+208_edited-1.jpg)
4 comments:
That is a cute house! I loved the tour :) I'm the sentimental type too and it would be sad to leave our first "home." Kate's room was gorgeous! That quilt made by your family girls is BEAUTIFUL!
I loved that cute little house too!
Thank you so much for posting this. My husband and I are moving into this house in a couple of weeks and it was so nice to be able to see it without having to drive all the way to Williamsburg.
I am so excited Sam and Anneli and Aiden are moving into this adorable cottage! What a beautiful place. I can feel the love and happiness there. Can't wait to visit!
Post a Comment