Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Day Out, etc.

Well, Tim is always complaining that our blog is titled "Our Adventures in VIRGINIA" and I mostly have pictures of UTAH so here are some things we have done in VIRGINIA lately! :) I just forgot what the place is called... I will come back and edit later... we went canoeing and it was SO fun...mostly because there was only ONE set of oars and TIM did most of the rowing! :) It was a BEAUTIFUL day and a GORGEOUS place! Here are a few pics: (The battery died when I took a turn to row, but I did row... for about 5 minutes! :))


We saw a bunch of ducks all huddled together...until we got closer and they all scattered!
Hey! You can see that I have the rows in this picture! :) We had a great time exploring more of VA! :)
Here are some random pictures of VA....
Tim finished his first year of law school and LOVED it! He was able to do an internship for the 1st 1/2 of the summer and really enjoyed that as well.
One of the "Beautiful Butterflies" (name that movie!) my 2nd grade class watched grow from a tiny larva (caterpillar) to a HUGELY FAT larva to a pupa (cocoon) to a butterfly! Some of the larva we found near the playground and some a student brought in from his yard. We had some fuzzy moths and some beautiful butterflies. This one happened to hatch while it was staying at my house for the weekend! :)

1 comment:

Andrea said...

what a fun day out! how nice of tim to row the boat for you guys most of the time...i probably wouldn't have even taken a turn so you are super nice too meliss! :) those butterfly pictures are awesome!