Friday, July 17, 2009

Christmas in July!

On April 24, 2009 I flipped on the lights at 7:00am, ran and jumped on the bed and said "Wake up! It's Christmas, Tim!!!!" He was half asleep as I handed him his present.

He started opening that box...

And then another...

Until he found...
There were two POSITIVE pregnancy tests underneath the little card... had to take two just to be sure! :) The actual due date from the Dr. is December 25 (so I was a day off on my calculations :)) which is EXTRA crazy because we already have a Christmas birthday in the family (cutie Landon:)) although I'm kinda hoping he or she will be born on 01/01/10... that would be a cool b-day I think:)
The new daddy-to-be... still a little tired, but VERY happy! (I really felt like a little kid at Christmas who couldn't WAIT any longer! I just had to wake him up the second I found out... well, after I made the little card and wrapped it up!:))

We were BOTH so ecstatic and yet trying not to get our hopes up too much. We have been waiting for this moment for a VERY long time! We had a miscarriage in Nov. 2007 and have been hoping and praying to get another baby for quite some time now. We couldn't be MORE happy!!! The due date actually works out perfectly so that Tim will be off for Christmas break for a few weeks. The only bad part is we won't be able to go home for Christmas... but hopefully we will get some visitors instead (hint, hint!:))

Here is what our baby looked like at 8 1/2 weeks...


I am 17 1/2 weeks along today... this is me at 16 1/2 weeks


I have pretty much followed the "average pregnancy" (according to my book "What to Expect When You're Expecting) with morning sickness that lasted all day, dizziness, a few blackouts, and headaches that were all mostly gone around 13 or 14 weeks but still come and go occasionally. I never actually "lost my lunch" but came awfully close a few times! I have been VERY tired especially while I was still teaching! It's nice having a summer break and getting to sleep in in the morning... and take a siesta in the afternoon :) When I had "morning" sickness NOTHING but cold cereal sounded good! Strange, huh? I would eat Cheerios or Raisin Brand or Honey Bunches of Oats but what I CRAVED was Peanut Butter Captain Crunch! :) I used to LOVE Papa John's BBQ Chicken/Bacon/Pineapple pizza (and used to order it QUITE frequently :)) but even THINKING about it would make me sick! :( I could tolerate other foods most of the time but Tim was our main cook there for quite a while... for two reasons... either it would make me sick or I would be dead asleep on the couch the second I got home from work! :)

Here is what I gave Tim for Future Father's day...

We really do feel like winners and are SO happy to be this far along! Keep us in your prayers that we will have a full-term happy healthy baby!

16 comments:

Andrea said...

i can't even tell you guys how happy i am for you! you are going to be the best parents ever! you are already almost 18 weeks along? you are amazing at keeping secrets :) i love your cute belly bump! when do you find out what you are having? i hope it's girl so that aiden and her can get together! congrats you guys! we miss you!!

Koby Bawden said...

Melissa and Tim,

Sorry I wasn't there on Saturday for the big announcement! I was so happy to hear the news. Also I am glad that I can finally talk about it because it almost killed me to not be able to say anything to Jen or my mom last night. Good luck and know that you are in our prayers.

Natalie said...

Okay, when did you make this post? I saw your email this morning but I didn't see this post until just now. And you totally just answered most of the questions I asked in the email. So I feel really dumb. Your baby bump is SO SO cute, though! And I love the way you got to tell Tim. What a fun "Christmas present."

Congratulations! (again)

Tim & M'liss said...

I actually CREATED this post on Friday, July 17 like my blog says but I just saved it as a draft and POSTED it On Monday, July 20 (I was going to wait until the 25 but just couldn't wait any longer! :)) I saw that it said July 17 instead of the 20 but I already had some comments and didn't want to risk loosing them in the process if I tried to fix it :)

Kat and Brian said...

I just talked to your mom on the phone and she told me the good news!! That is so exciting!! And your belly is so cute.

Shook Family said...

yaaaa I am so excited to tell my mom now! You are such a cute little pregnant girl. I cant WAIT to see you guys this august. It is going to be so much fun. Hey remember our last girls retreat...I was pregnant...and now you are! That is so exciting. LOVE YOU! and we are all praying for you...even Landon!

Amanda and Nick said...

CONGRATS LISS! This is so fun!! Oh my goodness! You are seriously the cutest little pregnant person! :) So fun! And that is the cutest way to tell Tim!

The Wood Family said...

Congrats Melissa! I am so excited for you. Make sure you let us know what you are having. I can't wait till I get to see you in August and then you can meet our little Ruby! Love you and you're in our prayers.

KO and SJ said...

Melissa and Tim!!! Congrats! I am so shocked at how long you kept it a secret! This is such wonderful news. I hope you guys are doing well and hope that we get to see you soon!

Michelle Kay said...

Yay M'liss! I actually didn't see your blog either! I'm so happy I read the attachment first...it is so weird, I follow your blog like crazy, how did I not notice?! Love you, you'll be an amazing mother!

bobandhaley said...

Congratulations Tim and Melissa! That is so exciting! We are excited to see what you are having! You are finding out right? Oh, it is just so exciting! We are so happy for you.

PK and Doll said...

Yeah Meliss. That is so exciting! Hope you get to come home soon!

Our EyreLife said...

What a great post! And what a darling way to present it to your hubby. Congrats to you guys!

You'll be a darling mom...just as YOUR mom is. Big hugs from your distant cousin,

Jessie (Nichols) Eyre

Kendra Owens said...

Congrats!!!! Im way way excited for you. Keep the posts coming.

Annette said...

Congratulations! I was hoping to hear happy news like this from you two. It sounds like your pregnancy is a lot like mine-cold cereal was all I could handle the first trimester. What a cute little belly you have! You kept it a secret for quite awhile, I'm impressed.

HG said...

Congratulations, you two. More babies!