
We got this cute little decor from a place called Williamsburg Pottery. We thought it was a place that made pottery so we stopped by one day to check it out. Boy were we WRONG! It is a HUGE outlet mall! It is kinda run down on the outside but there a TONS of good deals inside! I wish we had a picture of all of the many little buildings...someday we will go back and I will post some more about it. We got a bunch of cute things there which I will post later! Anyway, we got to go home to UT for two whole weeks for Christmas! We had so much fun seeing family and friends! We also got our fill of snow for the winter since it hardly ever snows here and when it does it practically never sticks. Here's our hi-lights of the trip in a timeline:
Seeing my entire immediate family and Tim's aunt Sheri at the airport to greet us...I started crying tears of joy when I saw them all but was able to contain myself by the time we got to them
*LEATHERBY'S! That was the only thing I put on the agenda for the first day in UT (other than seeing my family of course! :))
*Ski trip to Beaver Mountain with Michael and Megan and Meg's siblings-I fell a few times at the beginning and wanted to quit but ended up having the time of my life and not wanting to leave...other than I got to see my grandparents afterward :)
*Christmas Eve with my family at G&G Lott's- it was sad to see our old downstairs apartment without our stuff but so good to see our landlords! :) We had such a blast as always with TONS of food, fun, family presents, a Christmas eve program, etc!
*Christmas morning (5:30 in the AM) throwing up...me and the toilet every half-hour from 5:30-8:30 like clockwork :( Tim was the best husband ever and came with me every time and rubbed my back and got me everything I needed. (I felt MUCH better by the end of the day, thank goodness!)
*Christmas at the Bennett's-other than my morning with the toilet and not being able to eat the yummy Christmas breakfast, Christmas was great! Way too many presents and lots of fun and family! I was even feeling well enough by then to eat the yummy dinner Tim's mom made!
*A new Cannon Rebel XS camera for me!!! I have been wanting a "fancy photographer camera" for as long as I can remember so Tim's mom gave me THE cutest piggie bank (aka Curly Sue...because of the tail:)) last year for my graduation so I could save up for it and everyone had been contributing...sometimes unknowingly or not by choice ;)...and she had quite a bit of money in her but not enough so Tim chipped in a little extra so I could get it for Christmas! I had a BLAST trying to figure out how everything worked and trying it all out!
*Enough snow to last us ALL winter! Unfortunately we couldn't go to cutie Landon's b-day because of it though :(
*A whole day with Grandma Lott shopping...our favorite past-time together!
*Going to an Old Farm ward at the Aztec with Tim's family (Tim's dad is a Bishop there)... it brought back many, many memories!
*Driving down to WVC with Kevin, Nat, and cutie Sadie and then meeting up with Kendra for some U2 roomie time (We missed you Annettie! :( )
*Indoor surfing at the Solomon Center in Ogden-my second time and boy was it a blast! Me and Tim, Mand, Jare, my dad and my cousins Chas, Dest and Aub (who is practically a cousin)and Lind and Ty came and watched and took pictures!...none of which I have! Was it Aubree’s camera???
*Fun day with Michellie- lunch, shopping, did our nails, watched old drill videos, and got all caught up on each other’s lives
*New Year’s Eve!!! We went to my mom and dad’s church and played tornado, whacky 6 (my FAVORITE!!!) Wii, and took LOTS and LOTS of pictures (the perfect place to try out my new camera some more! My mom made home-made fortune cookies (SO much better than the real thing-thanks Mom!) so we said “HAPPY NEW YEAR!” got our kisses and our fortunes and then headed off for the traditional breakfast at midnight. It’s always a good time eating at midnight. See Mandy’s blog for pictures!
*I got to see Mandy’s apartment (yes, I have seen it before but she had new decorations! ) then we went and saw a bunch of cute little “main street” shops. SO much fun! I love little stores like those!
*Chillin’ at Jare and Lindy’s. Whacky 6…need I say more??? Okay, we did puzzles, watched movies, played with THE two cutest little boys in the world (yeah, yeah, I know I’m biased!) and just talked. Fun, fun, FUN!
*I got to visit my dad’s side of the family and get caught up on what is going on with all of them and their families. It was good to see everyone!
*Tim got to watch some of the b-ball games his dad coaches, see G&G Bennett and hang out with his family
Okay, if I forgot something, I’m sorry. It’s been exactly a month ago now! It was SO fun and SO good to see our families and friends!
PS. Tim is making me come and help him with dinner (who wants dinner on Fast Sunday??? :)) So I will post pictures later! SORRY!

+208_edited-1.jpg)
7 comments:
yay! it is so fun to hear from you again! it sounds like you had one amazing christmas trip to utah! i'm so glad that you got to see all of your family and most of your friends (i wish we could have met up...sniffle sniffle) and leatherby's is always amazing! that's a bummer you were sick on christmas...that is no fun--but i'm glad you started feeling better! i can't wait to see the new pictures from your camera! i would love to have a fancy photographer camera!
how is everything in virginia? is your teaching going well? is your ward getting more fun? we miss you guys and hope that all is well!
How funny is this, last night Jen said "M'liss really needs to update her blog. The last post is from Thanksgiving!" So I get on here this morning and you have posted!!!! :) Oh, on my blog I told everyone to see your blog for pictures!!!LOL I miss you lots, but hope to see you ASAP!!!! :) LOVE YOU FOREVER SISSY!!
Melissa updated her blog? No way! Just kidding. :) I'm glad you had such a good Christmas! It was so fun to talk to you during our ride down to Salt Lake. Hope things have been going good!
Your vacation sounds like so much fun! I wish I could have joined you guys for a roommate reunion-worry it didn't work out. I have to wonder about one of your comments...were you throwing up because of the flu, or do you have some other news that I totally haven't heard about? :)
Dido to Natalie its about time you update your blog ;) And to Annette's question is there something you need to be telling us? It was way fun getting together. Loves!
Hey Melissa! Would you mind posting a button for my fundraiser tea on your blog? If that would be okay email me at emily.7n@gmail.com. Thanks!
Yahoo! I am so happy that you updated your blog. I love it. That is funny though that you said to look at mandys blog and she said to look at yours. haha!
Post a Comment