Wednesday, January 19, 2011

1 Upon a Time...

Princess Kate celebrated her First Birthday!
the invitaton

The food & decorations (decor made mostly by yours truly with some help from my crafty sis-in-law, Stacey...ya, i've been planning for months! :))
*indoor pictures at night = terrible lighting >:( ...all the blue is supposed to be aqua & it really did all look the same shade in person!
Tim's mom helped me make these pedistal plates that I saw on a crafty blog! I LOVE them! We couldn't bring them home so I think they might use them for Tim's little sister's wedding but if you want one after that just let me know...or I can tell you where to go to make your own! (I already gave 2 away to Michellie, hope you like 'em as much as I do!:))
Just ignore the little sprinkles of Christmas in the background...I guess she'll have to get used to it :(
Kate slept for the first 45 minutes of her party.... I guess it's her party & she'll sleep if she wants to! At least she didn't cry :)
She did pretty good opening her presents!
With the ones wrapped in wrapping paper Tim would get a piece started and she would tear it off the rest of the way
"I have my party hat & bib on...
...now where's my cake?"
Uncle Jeremy (Tim's brother) taught her how to blow so she could use their harmonica & we thought her skills would pay off but she refused to blow out the candle!
Grandma Nettie (my mom :)) made the cake because I wanted it to be sugar-free & the frosting turned out orange instead of pink! Oh well. (I read that if babies abstain from sugar for the first 2 years of life they won't be addicted to it...Tim & I are sugar addicts so we thought we'd give it a try :)) She put puffs on top to make it a bit more enticing for Kate. She just ate the puffs & sort of poked at the cake not knowing what to do with it!
So, we got her a spoon!
and she ate a little, but not enough...
so we got her another spoon, and she offered her cake to Daddy! :)
Eventually she ate a good amount and seemed to enjoy it, at least enough to humor us :)

It was weird being the one who was in charge! We are used to going to Landon & Ty's party's where we just sit back and enjoy. We kept asking Lindy what we should do! By the way, Lindy took half of these pictures for us (all the good ones :))! THANKS LIND!
I wish that I had had a "friends party" as well because it would have been so fun to see all of you and it's kinda lame doing all that work for 3 hours and then it's over :( Oh well, I'm already planning for next year's party! :)
Kate really is such a little JOY! We feel so blessed to have her! I LOVE being Kate's momma and wouldn't trade her for anything! It is so sad how fast time flies by! There are three songs that I have been loving lately that you should check out:

3 comments:

Michelle Kay said...

CUTE! You did such a good job on her party! She sure is a little Princess!

Natalie said...

Yay! It makes me happy when you update your blog. :) I feel so lame that I never have a way to respond back to all your fun comments on my blog. So... thanks!

I still can't believe Kate is one! Her party was WAY cute. Isn't it amazing the things we go through for our kids? Ironically, this year is the first year Sadie might appreciate my efforts and I don't have time to do hardly anything because of the move.

I really hope I get to see her (and you) when you're here in a couple of months!

Andrea said...

I have no idea how I missed this cuter-than-cute post! HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATE!!! That is the cutest bithday party ever! You and your mom and your sister-in-law are amazing! I love the aqua...so pretty! Kate is so cute opening her presents and daintily eating her cake--so nice of her to share with her daddy! :) I hope we get to see you guys when you're down in a few months...we miss you! Aiden can't wait to see his girly friend again!