Saturday, March 27, 2010

In a Little, White Dress

Sent to this earth
You were saved through the ages for this day and time
Child of great worth
Child of promise, daughter of the Divine

Pure and holy in a little, white dress
You were held in a circle and you were blessed

And the Father looked down
And the angels surrounded that place
They knew the truth-all that you could do
And you will, too, if you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you


Dressed in white once more
Making promises to follow in God's way
So much lies in store
For the little girl who enters at the gate

Pure and holy in a little, white dress
You were led into the water and you were blessed

And the Father looked down
And the angels surrounded that place
They knew the truth-all that you could do
And you will, too, if you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you


Do you understand who you are?
Part of the Father lives in you
If you continue on this path
Every promise God has given will come true

Heaven on earth
In the house of God, so much fills your heart and mind
Woman of great worth
Woman of promise, daughter of the Divine

Pure and holy in a long, white dress
You promise forever and you are blessed

And the Father looked down
And the angels surrounded that place
They knew the truth-all that you could do
And you will, too, if you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you


Will you have eyes to see
What heaven sees in you


(lyrics by Doug Walker)

I love this little girl more than she will ever know. We went home to Utah to have our sweet Kate blessed so she could be surrounded by all the people who love her. It was the most special day filled with so much faith and so much love. She is so blessed to come to a family with so many people who love her and we are so blessed to have her. Kate has filled our home and our lives with so much love. It is just overflowing! I am just so so so SO glad that she is mine! Tim gave Kate such a beautiful beautiful blessing I was teary-eyed the entire time- I was so grateful that I am married to a worthy priesthood holder who loves me and Kate. And so happy that Heavenly Father sent us our little Miracle and that we were able to have such a special day together. Kate was the one receiving the blessing, but I was the one who was feeling so blessed!

I only have two regrets about Kate's special day: that I never got a picture with Kate and all of the special men in her life who surrounded her in that special circle of love and priesthood and also that I didn't invite all of my friends (we were originally going to have the luncheon at my parent's house afterward and wouldn't have had room but then ended up moving it to the greenhouse to accommodate all of our relatives and would have had plenty of room :( )


Special thanks to:
Great Ma Ma Lott for the ruffle bottom tights and shoes

My old roomie Kendra for the beautiful bracelet (she made it herself!) and blessing blanket (not pictured unfortunately :(


Jeremy and Stacey for stopping at Walmart so we could get the nail polish

And an extra special thank you with tons and tons of gratitude to my momma (Grandma Nettie :)) for making Kate's special dress. It is BEAUTIFUL!!! When Kate was in my tummy and before I even knew if she was a girl or not I knew that IF in fact she WAS a girl, I wanted my mom to make her blessing dress to look exactly like my wedding dress...only mini! AND SHE DID!!! It is absolutely PERFECT and I can't thank her enough for the time and talent that she put into it! WITHOUT A PATTERN even!!!

The back laces up just like my dress!

No, it is not beaded fabric! My mom beaded it herself! Isn't she amazing!? (and NO, I don't fit into my wedding dress...it isn't laced up in the back :))



More pix of the Luncheon to come (just had to get this much posted before someone killed me! -Love you mom! :))

9 comments:

Megan said...

We are so sad we missed Kate's special day and didn't get to see you while you were in Utah. Kate looked so beautiful in her little white dress! Your mom is so talented!!!! When are you coming to visit again?

Natalie said...

First of all, I LOVE that song. It always makes me cry. I posted the words on our blog back when Sadie was blessed, too (forEVER ago, it seems like)! Second, she looks beautiful in her dress! I'm still amazed that your mom made it. And then I laughed at the part about your wedding dress. I don't fit in mine either. Well, I do... but I literally can't take a breath, it's so tight. Ah, the joys of having a baby. :)

Anyways, it was so good to see you and Kate! She really is beautiful!

Shook Family said...

Love that you updated. I asked ty if he wanted to come see pictures of kate and he came over and said...Harwow then I said kate and he said...ate. So he finally said her name. Cant wait until you come back to see us. Love you guys!

bobandhaley said...

Your mom is amazing! Kates dress is beautiful, jut like her mamas. Owen and Gabe think she is one cute chika ;)

Kendra Owens said...

I love this post! I love the song! And your so so welcome for the gifts I gave you! It was fun knowing I could help on such an important day. I love her dress and the cute pictures!!

Andrea said...

What a sweet post! I haven't heard that song before but it is so sweet! Your mom is amazing! I love that you and cutie Kate have the same dress :) And the ruffle bottoms...so cute! That is so fun that you got to do the blessing in Utah and have all of your family around! It sounds like you had a fun and busy trip. I can't wait to hear all about it :)

I was so sad to miss Mandy's shower! My mom told me that you were there and I was so depressed that we barely missed each other. You are right--if Aiden and Kate are going to be a couple, we need to get it started now :)

So I actually bought the little boy tie pattern of the Make It And Love It etsy shop for $6. The ties are all just made of cotton but I bet you could do any fabric. They are actually kind of hard to make but very cute, eh?

Oh...and I'm glad you are experiencing the "mom hands"--very fun--and I could definately feel the love!

And just one more time, can I just say how beautiful Kate is? My mom raved about how darling she was...SO SAD I missed you guys!!!!

Annette said...

She's gorgeous! And that dress is astounding. I love the picture of the two of you together in your dresses. It's beautiful!

The Wood Family said...

I love her dress! It was so good to see you a few weeks ago. She is adorable and I can't wait to see her again!

Stef Bassett said...

Melis! She is beautiful and so are you!! I didn't know you had a baby, but I am so happy for you. Having kids is the best, I can say that because mine are sleeping :) he he! Just kidding, anyways, your family is seriously beautiful and what an amazing dress, your mom is amazing! Love you and miss you! -Stef