Sunday, February 21, 2010

Two lucky girls


Kate had a cold a few weeks ago and I have had this weird back spasm that has been SO PAINFUL that I throw up because of the pain. Tim has been superdaddy/husband and taken such good care of cutie Kate and I. He stayed up ALL NIGHT (no exaggeration) with me and Kate when Kate couldn't breathe well and we were sooo worried. Held Kate down while I squirted the saline in and sucked the yucky stuff out of her nose. Woke up with every single noise Kate made and made sure she was okay and breathing (which is HUGE because he usually sleeps through her screaming!) Etc. etc. etc!

While I have been sick he has:
taken over full baby duty with Kate
kept Kate in the other room during the day so that I would sleep and just brought her in for me to nurse or when I just wanted my baby
brought me a barf bowl
rubbed my back and held me and held my hair while I threw up and rinsed the bowl out afterward
rubbed my back a gazillion times hoping it would help
brought me a rice heating pad, and re-heated it a gazillion times
brought me water and crackers and soup and gingerale and gatorade
been my slave and catered to my every whim
listened to me cry and complain about my back and tummy
LOVED me so much and did and said just the right things at just the right time to make me feel better

I love him SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (etc.) much and don't know what I would do without him!
THANK YOU LOVE! I am SO glad that you are MY husband and Kate's daddy!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

way to go tim! you are amazing :)
and i'm sorry you and kate have been so sick this past week, meliss! that is crazy about your back spasm...i wonder what that was about?!? i hope you guys are feeling all better :)

bobandhaley said...

What a good Hubby! I love that picture of her and Tim, so cute. And I know what you mean about loving every little part of babies. I don't think that goes away for a while, they are just so cute and tinny!

Michelle Kay said...

Oh M'liss, Thanks for sharing that! Tim is such a great husband and daddy! What a darling family you have!!! I can't wait to see you!
I'm sorry you were sick! I had the back thing last semester from carrying my laptop around. It was horrible pain! I feel for you!

Natalie said...

Ooo... that does NOT sound fun. I'm sorry! Being in pain is the worst when you're trying to focus on taking care of a baby.

Megan said...

Way to go Tim!!! Hopefully you guys can get some r&r with family around to watch Kate. Having a sick baby is SO scary! I hope this will be her last cold for a long time. GET WELL SOON MELISSA!

Annette said...

Good job Tim! I hope that you two girls are feeling better. It is absolutely no fun being sick and having a sick baby.

Jennifer Shook said...

Such a sweet husband and daddy! Definitely two lucky girls!