Sunday, December 13, 2009

What's goin' on?

Well, since it is been FOREVER since I posted (well, besides my kangaroo post) I feel the need to tell you what is going on in our lives here in Virginia.

I had a horrible sinus infection that took me FOREVER (2 weeks to be exact) to get rid of because I refused to go to the Dr.Then I finally did and the medicine worked like a charm and I wished I had gone sooner! Oops! Because of my sinus infection (man, they really knock you off your feet... especially when pregnant! I had NO ENERGY at all!) we were unable to go to our ward's trunk-or-treat and I was SO SAD! I wanted to see all the little cuties in their costumes. We stayed home and made & decorated sugar cookies and watched a movie. Unfortunately I was still sick when I made them so we couldn't give any away... we had to eat them all. Don't ya hate it when that happens? :D

We got a few trick-or-treaters, so that was fun! I also got some pictures of these cutie CUTEST mummies! :)
And the cutest dalmation I have ever seen! Tim's brother and sister-in-law (Michael & Megan) had their sweet little boy, James Michael Bennett on September 3rd.

One night I was sleeping peacefully in my bed when Tim came home from his flag football game. He sounded nervous as he called my name (like a little kid who is about to get in trouble). He told me he was pretty sure he had broken his finger. He went to the Dr. the next day and sure enough, he had! This is the FIFTH finger he has broken! The SECOND one since I have known him! When he asked the Dr. what he could do to prevent breaking fingers the Dr. said " Yeah, stop playing football" "not an option" was Tim's reply! :) (Of course!) It looked WAY fatter in person. I tried to get a good angle, but couldn't :( You can see two of his fingers that were broken in the past... his CROOKED left pinky and the scar on his left middle finger. His hand was bruised all over.

He ended up having to have surgery to have pins put in. When I went in to get him and to talk to the Dr. he was SOOOO LOOPY! He acted like he was drunk or something! He was saying the funniest things and he was NOT himself at all! He was LOUD and OBNOXIOUS! I was trying not to laugh at him the whole time and concentrate on what the Dr. was saying!
He fell asleep shortly after and I was actually relieved because he then he wasn't embarrassing me! :)


At first he only had to wear a brace, tons of gauze and an ace bandage. But when we went back to the Dr. to have it checked two weeks later he put on this bad boy.
Tim was disappointed to say the LEAST! He thought they were going to upgrade him to JUST a brace but nope, he got downgraded! Poor guy, he is miserable! It is the middle finger on his right hand so he can't write at all and can barely type! Finals will be interesting! He just got the cast off and is back to the gauze and ace bandage until Tuesday when he starts physical therapy.

A few weeks after that we survived our first Nor' Easter. It is a really bad rain/wind storm that usually causes flooding and wind damage. I got two days off of school because of it, so that is always a perk. It didn't do too much damage in Williamsburg... except for oh yeah, a TREE FELL ON OUR HOUSE!!! Well, just a branch, but it was a VERY LARGE branch. We are lucky we are renting and the landlord had to pay to get it removed and hauled away! We were in the room that it fell closest to and all of a sudden we heard a HUGE gust of wind heard a BOOM and then our house shook! It was pretty scary at the time but no damage was done... except for to our landlord's bank account! :)

They had a baby shower for me at work and I got some way cutie stuff... well, our little girl did! :) Don't you think the cake is so cute!? I was watching A Baby Story a long time ago and when their baby was born the grandma brought in a BIRTH day cake and they sang "Happy Birthday" to the baby! Doesn't that sound so fun!? I decided that I want to do that! I will either have to make it before hand or hope that some family will be around when she is born. :D

In other news. I went to the Dr. two Tuesdays ago and found out I was dilated to a "generous 1" (meaning a bit more than a 1) and 50% effaced! I was SO excited! I had TONS of painful contractions last Sunday, and was getting so excited for her to come. I went to bed so I could get as much rest as possible for the upcoming event and woke up a few times in the night with painful contractions. I went back to bed at 3:00am only to sleep in until 7:00am with NOTHING! My contractions were gone! UH! LAME! I called the Dr. and she said they were just Braxton Hicks >:(. ERR! If they hurt, shouldn't they be REAL??? Well, I guess it is teaching me patience! :) And giving me more time to get prepared! :) I went back to the Dr. the following Wednesday and found out I am now dilated to a 2 and 70% effaced... so at least all that pain wasn't for nothing! I have been feeling a lot of contractions again today, so we will see what happens! I am not timing them so that I don't get my hopes up... maybe a little later on :) I go to the Dr. tomorrow, so if nothing else I will be able to see if these pains have caused me to dilate some more. They better cuz they are NO FUN!

And last but not least (as if I didn't have enough going on) I was made Young Women's PRESIDENT today!!! I almost started crying when they had me stand up to sustain me... I'm emotional lately, okay? Sheesh, TWO major life changing events in one month! I told Tim, "I'm too little! I can't be the PRESIDENT! I just got out of YWs! Okay, like 6 years ago but STILL!" I am a little overwhelmed, but feel VERY blessed in the fact that I have been the 1st counselor since March so I know what is going on and I was not just thrown in cold turkey. A tender mercy for sure! I know Heavenly Father knows ME and knows that if I was going to be able to do it THAT is how it had to happen. We had a very organized president that I served as 1st counselor under and that will really help a lot.

That's all the new news for now! I'll keep you updated on our cutie patootie...who isn't feeling so cutie at the moment! :) ...but not the worst I've felt... which is actually unfortunate :(

5 comments:

The Wood Family said...

I heard about your little scare. I went in twice thinking I was in labor, and ... they sent me home! Eventually I had to be induced. Good Luck and keep me updated,

Michelle Kay said...

I love hearing about all of the Bennett adventures. I've been wondering about you so much lately! I can't believe that Tim had to have sugury! Wow! That poor guy! Oh, and that you are getting closer to having your baby! Wow! Crazy! You are growing up, M'liss. :) I guess that means I'm not...ha! Love you!

bobandhaley said...

That is so funny about Tim being obnoxious... I can't even imagine it. I can't wait to see pictures and hear the story of Baby Bennets birth day!

Andrea said...

oh my heavens...what a busy crazy life you guys have!!! sinus infections are the worst! especially when your are pregnant! i had one with aiden and it was absolutely horrible...i'm glad you are feeling better :)
poor tim and his finger! that really is so funny that he was acting loud and obnoxious after his surgery...i also can't imagine that! i'm glad he is now out of the cast.
that would be so scary to be right by that branch when it fell on your house! how crazy! that is nice that you didn't have to pay for it...a plus to renting :)
that baby shower cake is SO cute!! how creative! that would be so fun to have a "birth" day cake when she is born. i wish i could be around after she was born to bring you one...in fact, i just wish we lived closer!
that is so exciting (and annoying) that you've been havign braxton hicks contractions and they are actually helping you out! i bet you go into labor soon--we'll crooss our fingers :) i had braxton hicks but when i went in to be induced 5 days after aiden's due date, i was still only dilated to a 1 and hardly effaced at all so way to go you and baby bennett :)
and lastly, (sorry, this is the longest comment ever!) congrats on being the YW president! you are perfect for that calling so good luck :)
it was so fun to hear your update! i've been wondering about you guys! i'm glad to hear all is well and your little lady will be joining you soon! how exciting! good luck :)

Natalie said...

Melissa! You would be an AWESOME YW President! I have such good memories of YW with you and I know you will give those girls good memories just the same way. I'd be scared, too, though. Big callings are always scary, aren't they?

Good luck with Baby Bennett! Hope she comes soon!