Friday, November 27, 2009

I wish I was a Kangaroo

Exactly FOUR weeks from today is when our little girl is due to arrive! We are getting more and more excited to get to SEE her! I can't believe how FAST time has gone! I want her here so badly but I think I will miss having her cute little body inside of mine. One day she was moving around inside of me as if she was trying to get comfortable and I told Tim, "Uh! I just want to see her! She just feels cute!" :) Sometimes I wish I was a Kangaroo and I could just take her out of my pouch and look at her and hold her in my arms and show her the world and then put her back in my pouch whenever I missed having her inside of me moving around... where she is safe...and QUIET! :) But, I am a human momma (well, going to be:)) and not a kangaroo momma so I will just have to be happy being pouch-less.

I also wish this growing pregnant belly of mine came equipped with a little window so I could see exactly WHICH body part was poking out and how she could possibly be poking me in so many directions at one time and stretching me to the MAX! I guess I will just have to use this wonderful imagination of mine.

Well, I just went to the Dr. on Tuesday and she is head-down and I am not dilated at all. Oh well, I guess it is a good thing I am not dilated at this point in the game, right?

Here are some pictures of my belly (unfortunately from the outside):

This will look familiar to you because you have seen it, but I wanted to put up all the ones I had so you could see how much my belly and the little girl inside of it have GROWN (this was taken at 16 weeks and 2 days)

I am 18 weeks along in this one.

You can only see 1/2 of my belly, but it's better than nothing, right? (This is from our girl's retreat in Park City) I am 21 weeks along in this picture.

Tim was somewhere so I took this of myself. I am 25 weeks and 5 days along in this one.

I put on the same skirt & shirt as the first picture so I could really see the difference. This is 27 weeks and 1 day.


Tim took a little photo shoot of me over at Colonial Williamsburg when I was 34 weeks and 2 days. Here are a few of our favorites:






Our neighbors had a little girl in May and they just brought over a box full of her 0-3 month clothes. They are all way cutie! Amongst the things I found this CUTEST pair of teeny tiny socks. I have a pair just like them so I HAD to take a picture... momma sock, baby sock. Too cute! :) I can't wait to take another picture with our feet INSIDE of them! :)

7 comments:

Andrea said...

oh melissa, you are like the most beautiful pregnant girl ever! those pictures that tim took were so cute!!! i loved it when aiden came out but it is a neat feeling to have them inside of you :) i can't believe you have 4 weeks left...how exciting! good luck!!!

and i hope i didn't make you feel bad when i talked about the "mom hands!" i thought that was a very nice thing for you to say...especially when i had been calling them "old woman hands!"

also, did you get the package we sent to you guys? i hope it didn't get lost or anything...and sorry it's not much but we wish you guys the best!!! :)

bobandhaley said...

You are such a cute prego lady! It really is fun when they come out. But I know what you mean about wanting to be a kangaroo. And I had no idea what was what when they were moving around either.

Michelle Kay said...

Oh my dear best friend, thanks for posting these pictures! I've been wanting to see what you look like prego! You seriously should model! You are so goreous, M'liss! I love your hair too! You're growing it out, yes? Oh, I miss you so much! LOVE YOU you goregous lady you!
P.S. I've never seen someone so skinny and be prego...what's your secret?

The Wood Family said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady. She will be here before you know it. I finally got to the point where I couldn't wait to see her and have her out of my belly! It is so much fun to see them for the first time. Good luck and I can't wait to see pictures of her when she's here.

Natalie said...

Finally! I was about ready to send you another email to not-so-subtly hint you needed to put these up! :) You look great. And I really mean it. I remember when people used to tell me that when I was 9 months pregnant, I'd just roll my eyes because I felt HUGE! How could I look great? But you really do - trust me. ;)

I can't wait to see her too! Not as much as you, but still...

Kelsey said...

You are so beautiful! We are way excited for you guys! Send me your address so that we can send you a Christmas card and the stinkin cute outfit I found for your babe! webbprivateblog@gmail.com

Megan said...

All I have to say is that I wish I was that small back when I was pregnant! I looked like a beached whale! (Just ask Michael.) You are a super cute pregnant person and we can't wait to meet James's cousin. :)