Sunday, December 7, 2008

She's MY mom



My mom was able to come and visit me a few days after Mand and Spence left. If there was ever a nomination for the "Best Mom in the World" award, MY mom would get it! She is THE most selfless person I know. This is the second time she has come and both times all she has done is helped me. No vacation, to fun sight-seeing. Just helped me. It was wonderful because I didn't feel stressed or like I had to entertain her or feel bad for asking her to do things because she is my mom and that is what she does. I know I can always count on her to be there for me when I need her. Here is a partial list of the things we did while she was here:
1.She helped me organize my classroom so I can be sane (I CANNOT function in unorganized madness!)
2.She helped me decorate my classroom door
3.She helped me pick out some good prizes for the "Treasure Box"
4.She helped me make a list of ways to earn "Behavior Bucks" and a list of fines
5.She made about a GAZILLION frozen dinners (which are DELICIOUS by the way!)so that I can just pop them in the oven or microwave when I get home and not have to try and come up with something for dinner or spend hours making it
6.She helped me write lesson plans
7.She did a thousand odd jobs in my classroom to make it look beautiful
8.She kept me company
9.She updated me on everything back in UT
10.She did everything I asked her to like I was this taskmaster and she was my servant
11.She chatted with Tim about his school and job and everything in between
12.She went grocery shopping with me
13.She sharpened pencils for me :)
14.She encouraged me and LIFTED me up
15.She gave me unconditional love, like always
I Love you Momma and I am so glad you are MY mom!
Thank you for EVERYTHING!

No comments: