Sunday, December 7, 2008

The OG's...almost


My mom calls her 4 original kids-Jare, me, Mand & Spence- her OG's. Well, Mand and Spence came to visit me...FOREVER ago... so all of the OG's were together again EXCEPT for Jare (we missed you and your cutie family)! I had a two week break from school (lovely year-round!!!) so Mand and Spence decided to come and see me and Virginia. It was SO nice to have a break and to have family come and keep me company. Mand wrote on her blog all about her and Spence's visit, so I will let you read all about it on her blog. The only thing she forgot to mention was our "Wrestle Mania" match where Helga the Horrible(aka Mand), Bertha the Big (aka me), duked it out with Spence...the little brother who is NO LONGER LITTLE!!! Well, when we were young we would lay a huge blanket down in our living room and play "Wrestle Mania". Two of us would stand in the corners and one person would be the referee.Some times we would make "diapers" out of whatever we found around the house and be sumo wrestlers, sometimes we would stuff our shirts with pillows and slam each other, but it was always called "Wrestle Mania" Anyway,it started out that Mand and Spence and I would usually gang up on Jare (well, I guess it was usually the other way around-he would gang up on us). Then eventually when Jare wasn't around Mand and I would gang up on Spence. And we would ALWAYS win. Well, not this time! Spence is HUGE and STRONG! Mand and I would go after Spence and he would make this crazy noise (I don't know how to describe it except that he was screaming "AHHHH" in a really deep voice)and he would flail his arms so he looked like a crazy ape ready to attack and Mand and I would burst into laughter and not be able to control ourselves. You know when you are laughing so hard all you can do is laugh and nothing else? That is what it was like! He would make that voice and it would paralyze us! So we would be standing there paralyzed and Spence would zap us both to the ground single handedly. I'm telling you he is crazy that Spence. Poor Tim didn't know what to do with himself! He hid upstairs trying to stay out of our way lest Spence should paralyze him, too! It probably didn't help that Mand and I...excuse me, I mean, Helga and Bertha were trying to make the same noise so we could paralyze Spence so all Tim could hear was crazy screaming, then laughter then little girlie screams from Mand and I. I will have you know that Mand and I DID slam Spence to the ground...okay, we got him to the ground TWICE and were quite proud of ourselves! Aww, the good ole days! It was SOOOOOOOO fun to have Mand and Spence come. I cried when they left. Thanks so much for coming! I love you both and wouldn't trade you for anything!
Ps. Thanks Koby for sharing your wife so she could come and see me!:)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Hey you updated!! I'm so proud (wiping a tear away)!!! I don't remember having names! Did I miss that part? Well, I'm glad you updated, it was fun to read!!! :) Love you millions!!

Olivia Jewell said...

So I just found your blog, and I was reading a few of your old posts... this is HILARIOUS! I can't even imagine quite, sweet Melissa doing "Wrestle Mania". I guess I need to get to know you better. ;)
I'm glad Tim was able to stay unharmed. The situation is similar for Eric when I get together with all of my sisters, he just finds the best place to hide.