We decided to finally take advantage of living on the East Coast and see some things we’d been wanting to do for the past three years and hadn’t done yet. My mom and little brother Spence flew out so they could go with us (and help pay for gas and hotels which is always nice :)) My mom was also a packing Nazi and helped us begin packing up 309 S. Boundary Street. (insert VERY SAD face here )
Aaaanyway, the first stop on our trip was a place just outside DC called “GO APE” it’s an AMAZING zip-line coarse (you really should click on the link and watch the video on their website!) Unfortunately, I thought there was going to be a ton of climbing involved (and lots of really fit people watching you) and I hadn’t worked out since BEFORE I got pregnant with Kate so I was feeling really uncertain about my ability to climb ropes and opted to be the photographer. I realized that you really don’t climb much at all (other than ladders) and I should have done it :( I TOTALLY REGRET IT! >:( Oh well. Here are the pictures of Tim and Spence (and a few of Kate and my mom and one of me to prove that I was there :)).
They had baragades surrounding each tree that had a ladder. Tim & Spence had to put in the seceret code to unlock the door to enter the little forts so I had to get a picture :)Here's a full view of the forts/baracades around the trees
I was there!
Kate was SO CUTE and would wave and smile at them!
Tim being goofy and saying “hi” to Kate :)
They had some reeeeeeally long zip-lines that they would have to finish by landing on their backs! It was pretty crazy!
I think Spence looks so handsome here :) Well, minus the sole patch or whatever you call that yucky thing on his chin :)
I love mushrooms! Not to eat, just to look at :)
Taking a break from the strolley-olley
It was so pretty there!
Ready, set, GOOOOO! There was a part in the coarse that you could choose which path you took so Spence and Tim decided to have a race on that part (they did it twice so they could each have a turn doing both paths)
The “helpers” were helping a group with younger “apes” most of the time and would pop in occasionally to see how things were going. One particular time that one of the helpers came by he was really nice to Kate and waved to her and asked if she was having fun. Then all of a sudden Kate decided to lift up her shirt for the guy! YIKES! I kept pulling it down and she kept lifting it up! The guy laughed so hard and said, “that’s some pretty intense flirting!” How embarrassing! I told him, “I am so sorry! I promise I didn’t teach her that!” She is such a riot though! You never know what she’s gonna do next!
We had to get a cheesy picture by the sign
Kate was so happy her daddy was safely back on the ground :)

+208_edited-1.jpg)
1 comment:
WOW!!! That is so cool!! How fun that your mom and Spence could come and enjoy it too!
And that is HILARIOUS about Kate and her "flirting" :)
Post a Comment