Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Madrid Temple

We were able to go to the Madrid Temple and it was SO pretty! We were told that you just get off the metro and then walk up the street and you'll see it... well, there were FOUR streets we could walk up when we got off so we were lucky we ran into the missionaries! It was a special experience and we were so glad we were able to go. We took a few pictures before the session and when we came out the lights still weren't on so we went down the street and got something to eat and then came back and got some pictures of this beauty!


"Holiness to the Lord. The House of the Lord. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" (just in case you couldn't guess what it said :))
"Erected in 1999" I thought it was kind of interesting how they wrote it! Tim said they use periods instead of commas... even though we don't use commas in our dates :)
There were beautiful flower gardens all around the Temple.
This is going to be us in about a year and a half :D
Speaking of which, this is my belly at about 18 1/2 weeks!
The Temple was facing this... the MTC and the dorms for the Temple Presidency.
Some more pretty pictures before we left :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

Your baby bump is SO cute! Get sleep while you still can. ;)

Andrea said...

how exciting and pretty!!! that is so neat that you guys got to go to a seesion and have that neat memory and experience :) your belly is so cute! you are like the ideal pregnant woman :) i am jealous!
that is so funny that you mentioned the period instead of the coma thing. when i went to spain, i ended up taking a ton of money that i didn't have out of an ATM because i didn't know about the period instead of coma rule :)

Natalie said...

Ooo, pretty pictures! I love the ones of the temple at night. I'm so glad you're posting again! Every time you leave a comment on my blog I start to respond and then think "she's probably not going to check back and read a comment I post after hers."

So... thanks for all the comments! I'm excited to see more of your pictures.

Michelle Kay said...

Fun! Thanks for posting the rest of the pictures. You are such a cute prego...I miss you!