Saturday, August 8, 2009

Breaking News!!!

Tim and I are back in the good ole US of A!!! I had a Dr. appointment to get my blood drawn on Friday morning. I was SUPPOSED to have an ultrasound on Monday and then an OB appointment immediately following. As we were leaving on Friday I asked the receptionist what time my TWO appointments were because when they called me on Thursday to confirm my appointment on Monday they only mentioned ONE appointment. She said, “You only have one appt. on Monday. It is the OB appointment. The ultrasound lady (I don’t remember the technical name…radiologist??? :)) had emergency surgery so you will have to reschedule the ultra sound.” WHAT!!!??? We are leaving for Utah on TUESDAY!!! NOOOOOOOOOO! I was DEVASTATED! We would have to wait TWO WEEKS until we got back! :( She went and talked to the lady who would be doing the ultrasounds on Tuesday and she said I could come in at 8:00am even thought they don’t usually start appointments until 9:00am. I was SO thankful… but a little worried because we didn’t know for sure what time our plane left on Tuesday. We went and checked and our plane leaves at 7:30am on Tuesday! We checked to see how much it would be to move our tickets to a later departure time and it would cost $500! WAAAAY too much! :( I kept saying to Tim “Uh! This is SUCH a TRAGEDY!!!” I called my mom and she suggested we go to one of those Fetal Photo places so we looked it up and they only have ONE here and they are booked until Sept. 17 or something like that! EEER! Then! A MIRACLE happened!!! The doctor’s office called and said, “If the only thing you want to do is find out the gender you can come in for a quick visit at 3:30pm and we can just schedule the full ultra sound when you get back. We might even have a cancellation at 4:00 so you can do it all then!!!” I was in HEAVEN!!! I was SO ECSTATIC!!! They DID have a cancellation so we got the full ultra sound! We were the last appointment for the day which was really lucky because our little cutie was being so modest and had their legs crossed for a LONG time! Finally the radiologist (?) had me go use the restroom and then move around a bunch.  … Can you guess? BOY or GIRL??? :)

 

Valencia, Tortosa, Baby ultra sound 186

It was Tim’s idea to add the bow… I thought it was cute idea! :)We are THRILLED out of our minds!!!

Valencia, Tortosa, Baby ultra sound 178

She was SO funny and kept putting her hands in front of her face and holding perfectly still like “maybe if I don’t move they won’t know I’m here and quit poking me!” In this one her back is to us and she has her hand behind her head like “movie star!” She’s all girl!

Valencia, Tortosa, Baby ultra sound 184

More of her hands! So cute and TINY!

Valencia, Tortosa, Baby ultra sound 183

Cutie little foot! I think she has Tim’s feet (on a MUCH smaller scale of course!)… but I guess we’ll see when she arrives! She is definitely a soccer star or a swimmer cause she sure knows how to KICK her momma! Right now I LOVE it but I’m sure I won’t later on when she is much bigger and stronger! :)

The lady actually had a hard time getting a cute profile picture because she kept turning her face to the camera like “gotta put my best side forward!”… looks like we have a girly girl who loves the camera… ha ha taking after her momma! :)

We are just SO EXCITED to get a girl!!!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

wow...what a crazy story! i'm so glad that you were able to get in to see you little princess! that is so exciting that you are going to have a girl! think of all the fun bows and cute outfits...and i'm sure she'll be a little dancer like her mama :) congrats guys! i can't wait for aiden to meet her :) (we can't wait to meet her either but we're hoping a little something something will happen between these two...in 16 years or so)

Annette said...

yea! I'm so excited you're having a girl. She will be such a cutie with you guys as her parents! Congrats!

Natalie said...

I commented on Facebook too.. but... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Girls are SO much fun. I'm so excited for you. And do you LOVE feeling her move? It's amazing, isn't it? That was far and away the best part of pregnancy for me.

The Wood Family said...

Congrats! Girls are SOOOOOO much fun. It is the best dressing them up and putting bows in their hair. I'm glad you were able to find out and I can't wait to see you!!!

bobandhaley said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! After all that I am happy you finally got your ultrasound to find out is was a she. I am so happy for you!

Jessie Eyre said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! What a joy! What a fun surprise! She'll be adorable if she's anything like her mama and grandma...

Big hugs!

Kelsey said...

YAY! How fun!! We are so excited for you guys!!

The Brogdon's said...

Hi Melissa, It was so good to see you at your shower. I am so excited for you guys. She is going to be so adorable. Congrats and hope to see you again soon.