Thursday, October 16, 2008

We're Here!

Both in the blogging world and in Virginia! I guess we've been in VA for a while now, but now that I have time (and a blog...thanks Mand!) I can tell everyone about it! When we first arrived we had a BUNCH to do! I had a phone interview before we left and found out I got a teaching job at a year-round school that was already in session. We sold both of our cars so we had to find a car here and since my job started the following Monday, we needed one PRONTO! Tim's parents and my mom came with us to help us move in, so we wanted to use our resources wisely! Tim's parents came ahead with Tim and cleaned up our new apartment, found a bank for us, started the car hunt, unloaded the moving trailer, and helped put away our stuff (THANK YOU MOM AND DAD B!!!). My mom kept me company on the plane, helped clean, unloaded the moving trailer, helped find a good place for our stuff, and was a joy to have around (THANKS MOM!!!). We had to go through a bunch of changes all at once so it was good to have some familiar faces to keep us sane! We still think of Utah as home, but we are growing to love VA.



Here's some pictures of our room-it's my favorite room in our apartment!

Virginia has some pretty sunsets!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

melissa and tim! i'm so glad you guys have a blog...yay! (thanks mandy!) how are you guys? is teaching getting better melissa? that's crazy that you can't find any good bread--who would have thought they wouldn't have the same thing there? you bedroom is very pretty...what a cute decorater you are :) has your ward gotten any better? i hope all is well...keep us posted on your exciting lives on the east coast! :)

Michelle Kay said...

Goodness, your apartment is so cute! You got talent girl! Oh, M'liss I miss you.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're doing well on the east coast! If you get too cold in the winter, come on out to AZ--no jackets required! : )

Aunt Denise